What is the opposite of buyer's remorse? Some would say buyer's satisfaction; others would identify it as a positive disconfirmation. I would definitely categorize it as a SHOPPING TRIUMPH! This is probably what keeps me a faithful consumer. I love shopping triumphs, and I especially love a SICK deal! My friends joke that I have the disease where I am physically unable to pay full price.
So, when a local bath and beauty boutique had an unreal sale, I stocked up. (We're talking $2 and up!) I bought a little bit too much, but I'll share a few of my favorite shopping triumphs from the day. And let me add, I'm going to be in trouble when I'm ready for refills.
- My new favorite bath line is definitely Fresh. The products work. The fragrances are always right on key—never too sweet, and always effortless. I especially loved the Rice Sake Bath. At first, I was skeptical. I hate feeling "filmy" when I use these sorts of products. The sake bath, however, was totally luxurious and clean. It smells like apricots, champagne, and sake and it did wonders for my sore muscles!
- My new favorite color combination when it comes to eyeshadow is a polished pink base with a deep, dark, metallic green smoking. I've been converted to Bare Mineral's shadows for a long time, but I've found two perfect new colors for my new green 'n pink strategy. Gal Pal is a light, shimmery pink and Tortoise is a deep, dark forest with gold flecks.
- NARS has always been my go-to for blush and eyeshadow. I snapped up a new color that I lo-ove. California is a deep, burnt orange bronze. It's a nice contrast that makes my green eyes look GREEN. Definitely an attribute that I like to showcase.
- Speaking of NARS, did you know that they make candles? Scratch that—they make fah-bulous candles. The pictured one is called Acapulco. It smells chocolate-y and floral at the same time—weird, I know, but it works well. The best part is that awesome black wax and holder! I also bought the white candle in Bosphorus—and I swear, it smells EXACTLY like my L'eau de'Issey perfume by Issey Miyake. Both of them smell fantastic and are strong even when they aren't lit.
- Back to Fresh—I officially love anything in their Fig Apricot fragrance, namely the body wash. Moisturizing, clean, and leaves you smelling like flowers, fruit, and a little bit of grass allll day!