Monday, March 23, 2009

'Tis better to give.


Some people just have it-- fantastic and mysterious gift-giving abilities.
I happen to be so lucky to have friends that are fabulously intuitive when it comes to giving
just the right gift.
My 21st just recently passed, and I fell in love with all the lovely things my lovely
friends surprised me with!

1. My best friend since high school has always given me "clusters" of thoughtful
gifts. This gift's theme was birds and pink (see #6). I'm completely in love with
this Lollia tall luminary in Imagine. The scent is subtle and complex, floral and fruity.
This thing has a super-long burning time, too!

2. My older sister and brother-in-law (and their 6 month old little boy!) got me the most fantastic
cookbook that has just recently been translated into English. It's called "1080 Recipes" and
has been a bestseller in Spain for years. My favorite part are the bright, crayon illustrations. Genius!

3. Okay, so I was the gifter in this case, but I still love these! These Matryoshka measuring cups
from Anthropologie are delightful for anyone who loves cooking and baking.

4. My mom and younger sister jointly gifted me the Chi Low EMF hair dryer. I had received one
for a previous birthday, but fried it in a faulty wall socket :(! This dryer does magical things
for my super-fine, flat hair. Just 2 minutes with this thing and I'm ready to go with
gorgeous, flouncy locks! It's a can't-live-without-it situation.

5. My boyfriend gave me a hefty G.C. to one of New Orleans' best spas. I'm planning a 20/20/20 massage
and an organic facial!

6. My best friend from #1 also tucked a bottle of "Pink Champagne" by Andre' into her gift bag.
The best gifts always have a wonderful mix of chi-chi and cheap. And tell me,
who can't enjoy a glass of $4 carbonated White Zin with a girlfriend?

No comments:

Post a Comment